- Who We Are
- The Orange County Humane Society (OCHS) is dedicated to the protection of abused, unwanted, neglected and under-appreciated animals.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
• Water One-to-two-week supply in gallon-sized plastic containers. (Make sure to replace stored water regularly to ensure freshness.) Include a collapsible or travel water bowl that is easy to store.
• Food One-to-two-week supply of the dry or canned food your pet usually eats. (While stored, make sure to replace the food according to expiration dates.) Also include a spoon, food dish and, if you use canned foods, a can opener. Record your pet's eating habits (amount and times) as well as any allergies your pet may have and keep the record with the other paperwork in this kit. Store the food in a waterproof and protective bag or case.
• Cleaning Supplies To clean crates/litter boxes.
• Cat Litter One-to-two-week supply plus a small, plastic litter box and litter scoop. You can opt for disposable litter boxes that come pre-made with litter.
• Photographs In case you need to distribute pictures if your pet gets lost.
• Vaccine Records/Medical History Copies of important veterinary documents, such as vaccination records, medical history, medical conditions, records of important test results (FeLV/FIV).
• Veterinary Information Write down the name, address and phone number of your vet and an alternate vet. Write out a release statement, authorizing medical treatments for your pets. Write down your pet insurance policy number, if you have one.
• Proof of Ownership/Animal Information Copies of registration information, adoption papers, proof of purchase, microchip, tattoo or other identification information.
• List of Emergency Contacts
• Medication List each pet separately and include dose and frequency for each medication. Keep a two-week reserve supply, with directions on how to administer. If possible, keep the medication in the original jar or bottle that it came in. Replace according to expiration dates. Don't forget reserve doses of flea and tick and heartworm preventatives.
• Spare or Extra Collars, Harnesses, or Leashes
• Bedding or Pet Blankets
• Identification Tags If possible, have the ability to write your temporary location or contact information on the tags.
• Brushes/Combs, Grooming Supplies
• Animal Crates or Carriers Label with your contact information; make sure the animal has room to move around, and it is safe for the pet (latches and bolts should be secure).
• Pet First-Aid KitFor more information, check out our First-Aid Kit Checklist.
senior pet special!!!
Pets 7 years or older are $65
|Monday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am||6:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|Sunday||9:00 am||5:00 pm|
|10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||10:00 am||9:00 am||9:00 am|
|6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||6:00 pm||5:00 pm||5:00 pm|
Thank you to the OC Humane Society team for introducing us to Maxwell (now Bruno) he has been an amazing addition to our little family. He knows all of his basic commands and even knows heel! A surprise to us since he was found as a stray.