- Who We Are
- The Orange County Humane Society (OCHS) is dedicated to the protection of abused, unwanted, neglected and under-appreciated animals.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO PRINT OUT A COPY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS
1. PLEASE PICK UP AFTER 3P.M. ON THE DAY OF SURGERY. MAKE SURE TO BRING A LEASH OR CARRIER WITH YOU AT PICK UP.
2. ANY ANIMAL THAT HAS HAD ANY SURGERY OR SEDATION ON THE DAY THEY ARE PICKED UP MAY HAVE A LITTLE FOOD OR WATER A FEW HOURS AFTER SURGERY UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED. START MEDICATIONS THE FOLLOWING DAY ALSO.
3. MEDICATIONS SHOULD BE STARTED THE FOLLOWING MORNING.
4. ANIMALS SHOULD BE KEPT INSIDE AND SUPERVISED UNTIL THE ANESTHESIA HAS WORN OFF COMPLETELY.
5. SURGERIES THAT HAVE SUTURES NEED TO BE REMOVED WITHIN 10-14 DAYS AFTER THE SURGERY. MALE CATS DO NOT HAVE SUTURES UNLESS OTHERWISE ADVISED. NO APPOINTMENTS NEEDED FOR SUTURE REMOVAL. THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR REMOVING THE SUTURES.
6. KEEP ALL PETS CALM UNTIL THE SUTURES ARE REMOVED. NO JUMPING, RUNNING, OR HEAVY PLAYING.
7. IF ANY REDNESS OR SWELLING SHOULD OCCUR, PLEASE CONSULT WITH US.
8. IF ANY ANIMAL IS CHEWING ON HIS/HER SUTURES PLEASE BRING THEM IN FOR AN ELIZABETHAN COLLAR WHICH WILL PREVENT THEM FROM CHEWING ON THE SUTURES. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO HEAVY LICKING.
9. IF THERE ARE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT OUR OFFICE AT (714) 536-8480 (OCHS) OR (714) 536-6537 (AAA).
senior pet special!!!
Pets 7 years or older are $65
WE ARE OPEN!!!
Hours of Operation
Thank you to the OC Humane Society team for introducing us to Maxwell (now Bruno) he has been an amazing addition to our little family. He knows all of his basic commands and even knows heel! A surprise to us since he was found as a stray.